DUE TO PICTURE DAY BEING HELD AT THE AQUATIC CENTER, THE AQUATIC CENTER WILL DELAY OPENING UNTIL 11:00 AM SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Welcome to the Morgan County Aquatic Center. We house an indoor 8 lane 25 yard competition and therapy pool, ranging in depth from 4 1/2 Feet to 7 Feet and maintain a year round temperature of 86 degrees. Additionally, within our facility you will find men’s, women’s and family changing rooms, showers, workout equipment (both for dry and wet workouts), and opportunities for private reservation.
Our programming schedule includes baby through adult swim lessons, a range of water aerobic and therapy classes, beginner, intermediate and advanced swim teams, and even time for open swimming. Throughout our business day, we always leave lanes open for lap swimming, so no matter what your schedule is, we can find a space for you in our pool.
Our normal operating hours are 6AM-8PM Monday, Wednesday & Friday; 8AM-5PM Tuesday & Thursday; 6AM-5PM Friday; and 10AM-5PM on Saturday; our open swim times are noon-4 Monday-Friday, and 10AM-5PM on Saturday. We are not open on Sunday, however there are time slots available for private reservation. Please visit our Hours and Fees page for a complete weekly schedule.
- Staffed by Red Cross certified Lifeguards
- Entry fee is $3/swimmer for Morgan County residents, $4/swimmer for non-county residents. There is no discount for babies or senior citizens.
- As of May 1, 2014 any person exiting the Aquatic Center without first consulting Aquatic Center staff must pay the standard admission fee ($3 for Morgan County residents, $4 for residents of other than Morgan) to re-enter, regardless of duration of time outside the Aquatic Center, or distance traveled away from building threshold.
- No loitering. People entering with no intention to swim and want to “just watch” will still be charged the entrance fee.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by someone 18 or older
- No adult acting as the supervisory party may be responsible for more than six (6) child swimmers, i.e. swimmer to adult ratio must be maintained at 6:1.
- Aquatic Center staff reserves the right to request proof of age for anyone they suspect does not meet age requirements. Inability to provide proof will result in no admittance.
- Drinks, food, coolers, glass containers are not permitted on pool deck. They will be allowed on parties and in meeting rooms only and must be consumed there. Only clear liquids in clear plastic containers will be allowed on pool deck.
- Tobacco and alcohol products are not permitted
- Ramp area is to be used as an entrance and exit only and is not open for general swimming during open swim times. Use of this area during open swim is restricted to non-swimming children ages 6 and under with the direct supervision of an in-water adult
- Water toys such as Frisbees, guns, etc. are not permitted. Coast Guard approved life jackets and preservers are permitted
- Arm floatation (“Water Wings”) are permitted on ramp area only
- Other floatation devices such as noodles, inflatable rafts, rings, etc are not permitted
- Any swimmer using a floatation device must have a SWIMMING adult supervisor within arm’s reach AT ALL TIMES.
- Swim diapers are required for all diaper dependent guests. Cloth or disposable diapers are prohibited.
- Proper swimsuit attire must be worn. No jean shorts, leotards, warm up suits, etc. The staff will have final authority on proper swimwear.
- Admission fees are non refundable
- Running in building not permitted
- Diving headfirst is not permitted
- In the event of thunder or lightning the pool will be cleared of swimmers. Swimming will resume 20 minutes after the last audible thunder or visible lightning.
The Morgan County Aquatic Center welcomes groups (Boys and Girls Clubs, Church Youth Groups, etc.), but ask that these procedures are followed to ensure safety and minimize conflict with other groups:
- All organized groups must follow the same admission, re-entry and supervision rules in place for the general public.
- All organized groups must provide notice of their intent to attend the Aquatic Center a minimum of then (10) days prior to the date they wish to attend with an estimate of their total number of attendees (including staff) in order to ensure adequate staffing
- In addition to adhering to the Swimmer to Adult ratio and providing payment for all persons entering the building, groups must also provide:
- A manifest with the names and ages of all program participants (campers, youth group members, etc.) swimming.
- A separate manifest with the names and ages of all supervisors
All fees for memberships, daily passes, classes, camps, swim teams, etc will be handled across the street at the Recreation Department office.